Another day, another moment, another thought, another post

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

crash

I finally finally go to see Crash, the best movie at the Oscars. Will it be known as the movie that Crashed Brokeback's party or will it be remembered as a a classic tale of racism in the new world? I saw the movie more than once, and I think its going to be a bit of both. By story and by performances, the movie is terrific. The paranoia about immigrants, be is asians, mexians whatever, the movie captures it all. Add to it the classic portrayal of the african-american cop by Don Cheadle the movie seems to have it all. But just as many movies that seek to portray realism, even Paul Haggins seem to have been bitten by the same bug, multiple times. The place when Terrence Howard is pulled over and the cop runs his hands all over her, seems to have been over-dramatized. The narrative style of seemingly different stories with common points of intersection lacks off at places one too many... Not straightforward....

Is it better than brokeback mountain? I dont think so. Simply because Brokeback was much better directed, despite the snail pace never slacked off.. Crash is good but not quite there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kartik Kannan said...

Hi,
I am Kartik Kannan at Sulekha.com (www.Sulekha.com) and I'm writing to you about your blog
Before I proceed, let me apologise for this unsolicited comment in your blog. I googled for good Indian blogs and found yours. Ok, now to why I'm writing to you, I'm compiling a list of the best writings in Indian blogosphere and showcasing them on Sulekha.com. Sulekha (means 'good writing') has been encouraging good writers and showcasing great writing for well over 6 years.
I want to include your blog entries on Sulekha by creating a parallel blog for you. By creating a parallel blog on Sulekha Blogs, you can dramatically boost the number of people viewing your posts and commenting on them. To know more visit this link www.sulekha.com/blogs/helpguide/#a6

Cheers,

Kartik Kannan
Team Sulekha

6:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home